Top 15 Facts of India 2018-2019 I Must Read
Today we will put a light on some of the facts that will make you proud on your country India. India has a total entities of 36, 29 states and 7 union territories. It is the the 2nd most populous country with a total of 1.2 billion people.
India shares a land border with China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Bhutan. Let have a glance into some of the amazing facts of India that you never knew before.
- Indian inventions are very popular and used even in the modern era. These inventions includes The Zero, Buttons, fiber optics, ayurvedic medicine, Cotton cultivation, chess, shampoo, binary code, yoga, ruler, and radio/wireless communication.
- You will be surprised to know that half of the population of India is below the age of 25. In other words it makes India the population of youth.
- Cows are consider holy and killing them for meat is banned in major states. Which can lead to imprisonment.
- Indians speaks at least 454 languages in which 24 are registered as official languages. It is fine for a foreigner to speak English because much of the people knows and understand English very well.
- India is the largest country in the production of milk and rice in the world.
- It is not a surprise that 70% of the spices used in the world comes from India.
- India has the largest democracy in the world, which contains the largest amount of voters.
- The birth rate is also high. which is is around 73,440 Births per day. which in other words means 51 births per minute and 3060 births per hour.
- Ever heard of Chai (Tea)? well India is the largest tea producer in the world. which includes Assam, Nilgiri, Darjeeling and Kangra.
- India is in the list of fastest growing economy in the world. In 2010 the total spending was approximately $991 billion which is forecast to rise uto $3.8 trillion.
- One third of apple employees more over 9.36% employees in Microsoft are Indians.
- India is the first country to reaches to Mars at lowest cost and third in the world to reach there.
- India is the first in the world which has highest murders approximately 32,719 deaths per year.
- It is the first country to have the largest amount of mosques approximately 300,000 mosques.
- India exports around $415 million worth of hairs and it is considered that there are more smart phones than toilets in the country.
Some Bonus Facts That You Should Know about India
- There are over 1 million employees working in Indian railway.
- The road network of India is so long that it can loop 117 times around the earth.
- Indian national animal is the Bengal tiger.
- It has total population of 1,324,171,354.
- Some of the biggest lakes in India are Wular Lake (fresh-water) and Pangong Tso (salt) and Shivaji Sagar Lake of Koyna Dam (man-made).
- India is the member of UN, WTO, BRICS, SAARC, SCO, G8+5, G20 and Commonwealth of Nations.
- The country uses Indian Standard Time (IST) which is equal to UTC +5.30.
- It contains land area of 3,287,263 km2
- India celebrates national day on 15 August each year.
- The country consists of 79.8% Hindus, 14.2% Muslims, 2.3% Christians and 1.7% Sikhs.